The Marketing Manager will hold significant responsibility for the branding and marketing of Princeton Ballet School (PBS). The Marketing Manager will oversee the marketing team in the creation and implementation of marketing, public relations, communication campaigns and working plans, while also working in conjunction with the American Repertory Ballet (ARB) Marketing Manager to create a unified look for both the professional company and the school.
With the Executive Director and senior leadership team, the marketing manager will:
- Contribute to the development and refinement of PBS’ marketing vision and strategy.
- Develop and implement an integrated media plan to advance PBS’ brand identity in New Jersey, nationally and internationally, that cultivates and enhances meaningful relationships with targeted, high level external audiences, including media and key constituents.
- Develop and implement marketing campaigns for new and existing performances, class schedules and outreach programs.
- Determine and manage the marketing budget and deliver marketing activity within agreed budget.
- Work closely with the ARB Marketing Manager and Access and Enrichment department for community marketing campaigns as well as group sales, dance residencies and performances.
- Work collaboratively with the Development Team on communications and marketing plans for annual appeals, event invitations, other development events, etc.
- Participate and attend performances and manage staff to represent at press table.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, fact sheets, reports, playbills, program collateral, donor appeals, and published reports.
- Coordinate website/webpage updates—ensure that new and consistent information (articles, links, stories, events and other content) is regularly posted and updated.
- Responsible for management of Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Constant Contact, iContact, social media/e-communication campaigns and other outreach projects.
- Manage all media contacts and serve as the lead point person on media interactions that help promote and/or impact the organization. Serve as spokesperson when requested by the Executive Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities related to Princeton Ballet School classes and our Access & Enrichment programs.
- Conduct analysis of ticket patrons’ and student families’ experience to current market conditions and competitor information.
- Manage the productivity of the marketing plans to tickets sales, tuition and retail sales. Produce sales reports at staff meetings and quarterly reports for Board of Trustees Meetings.
- Manage all PBS box offices and realize ticket revenue goals.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
- This position is 25-30 hours a week; some nights and weekends required.
- Schedule may be flexible.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- 3 years of experience in not-for profit marketing department, participating in the creation of marketing and communication campaigns.
- Self-directed, with ability to meet deadlines, often within very tight time frames and shifting priorities; ability to work in fast paced environment with flexibility, a positive attitude and a sense of humor.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; exceptional attention to detail and organization.
- Understanding of digital media tools and their uses, limitations and target user communities; sufficient familiarity with Microsoft Office to produce reports, spreadsheets and briefings; Constant Contact, Spark, Raiser’s Edge, InDesign, iContact, Photoshop. Ability to do graphic design is preferred.
- A team player who thinks creatively and has strong interpersonal skills.
About Princeton Ballet Society
Princeton Ballet Society is non-profit arts organization comprised of a professional company, American Repertory Ballet, and one of the largest ballet schools in the nation, Princeton Ballet School. Our mission is to bring the joy, beauty, artistry and discipline of classical and contemporary dance to New Jersey and beyond through artistic and educational programs, presented by a financially responsible organization.