| Reporting to the Associate Director of Engagement Marketing in the Harvard Alumni Association (HAA), this position serves as the HAA's primary email developer and sender for all marquee email campaigns, managing the email building and testing process, list development and maintenance, and sending/scheduling. The coordinator maintains metrics tracking on email campaigns that support programs and events across the organization, and he/she is also responsible for maintaining the broadcast email calendar to ensure transparency across the HAA. The coordinator helps to drive sharing of metrics tracking and email best practices with HAA and Alumni Affairs and Development colleagues.|
The coordinator occasionally writes marketing copy for email, web, and social media. He/she maintains the HAA sections of the alumni.harvard.edu website, providing copy editing, proofreading, and content review.
He/she works independently with excellent attention to detail and minimal supervision in an extremely dynamic, fast-paced work environment, juggling multiple and changing priorities and projects at one time. He/she also has excellent communication skills and forethought, anticipating, and working with the Associate Director to troubleshoot, problems that may arise.
- Serves as go-to email development resource in the HAA: building, testing, and sending emails to hundreds of thousands of alumni on a weekly basis; this position manages the email development process for every major HAA marketing campaign and many other campaigns in partnership with Alumni Affairs and Development and University-wide partners; pulls, manages, and manipulates lists to prepare them to send; sets up and manages A/B testing processes for email campaigns;
- Serves as writer, copyeditor, proofreader and publisher of website content; creates and updates digital content on HAA sections of the alumni.harvard.edu website;
- Maintains internal broadcast email calendar and communicates all major HAA broadcast email communications to internal stakeholders; helps to navigate send dates across the HAA to avoid email overload;
- Writes quarterly Engagement Bulletin internal newsletter and manages distribution to internal AA&D partners;
- Liaises with alumni volunteers and University-wide partners to manage the development and deployment the HAA's monthly eVENTS newsletter, associated social media and other outward-facing events communications, communicating deadlines, policies, and procedures;
- Tracks and reports on metrics for every email send, creates monthly analytics reports and manages research projects to access ongoing efforts and inform new projects; shares reports and data across the HAA and AA&D partners
- Provides ongoing support to the Associate Director on current and new projects and coordinates complex multi-department special projects;
- Serves as resource to HAA Clubs and SIGs seeking email marketing support;
- Provides writing support for Grad Appeal email campaigns to graduating classes and occasional other email campaigns as assigned; provides writing support for social media networks including Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- Provides administrative support to the Alumni digital engagement department;
- Provides backup coverage to the HAA helpdesk and reception desk;
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills testing may be a component of the interview process for this position.
The department of Alumni Affairs and Development at Harvard University is committed to diversity. We welcome applicants who bring varied experience, thought, and practice to the department's mission to maintain and enhance an engaged community of alumni and friends worldwide and to lead the University's fundraising efforts.
Harvard University Benefits Package
Vacation/Sick/Personal/Holidays: Harvard offers 3 (union roles) - 4 (exempt) weeks paid vacation, a paid holiday break between Christmas and New Year's Day, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days each year.
Medical/Dental/Vision Benefit: Harvard offers a variety of excellent medical, dental, and vision plans which all begin on the first day of employment.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted study options through participating Harvard Graduate Schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as parking options to assist employees in their daily commute to campus.
Wellness Options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation, and complimentary health services. There are also fee-based athletic facility memberships available at various locations around the university for employees.
Salary Grade: 055
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers