Industry Marketing Manager; Hygiene; Charlotte, NC-1700364
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment and are always working to form the best teamespecially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2016. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Where the Chemistry Happens
As the world's leading chemical company, BASF produces an incredible variety of products for a wide range of consumer industries - for example the personal care, automotive, construction, and food industries.
Of course, this offers a vast number of opportunities for marketing professionals. Our marketing teams act as a link between BASF and the global market, with its ever-changing demands. Reacting to these changes quickly and efficiently requires market transparency. In marketing, you are responsible for product and industry segments and consolidate BASF's global market leadership in close collaboration with our sales teams in the business units.
Formula for Success. You will..
- Serve as North America marketing representative for internal/external stakeholders.
- Guide and lead industry marketing team and activities.
- Coordinate development and implementation of hygiene industry strategies.
- Define and drive development of industry specific marketing/business plans.
- Identify and compile industry market needs/trends to accelerate business development and growth.
- Determine and manage, in collaboration with appropriate functions, the innovation portfolio for all hygiene segments.
- Develop and implement best practices to enhance organization's marketing excellence.
- Determine and manage the marketing budget and activities for trade shows / conferences.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support youthe whole youin all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
What's more, we believe that learning never stops. By working for a large, global organization, you'll have an opportunity to develop your skills and build your network in myriad ways. You will build your knowledge of the many industries we serve and sharpen your skills in developing and refining sales strategies that align with current and future needs of the markets we serve.
Finally, we know that your life is about more than work, which is why we offer flexible work options that can be designed in partnership with your manager to best meet the needs of the business and your personal needs.
Don't just join us for a job, join us for a career! Come create chemistry with us!
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success.. What we look for in you....
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or business related field preferred. MBA or advanced degree a plus.
- 3+ years of work experience required. Preferably in product management, marketing, sales. Hygiene / Superabsorbent knowledge is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to do the following:
- Manage projects, lead and coordinate product launches successfully
- Communicate, interact with and influence effectively at all levels of personnel and management
- Analyze markets, select target products and prepare business cases
- Highly motivated, self-starter with excellent organizational and people skills
- Highly proficient in data analysis, Power Point and Excel is required
- Flexibility to travel less than 25%
Primary Location: US-NC-Charlotte
Function: MARK - Marketing
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: N-EMN-Care Chemicals NA