Employment Type: Permanent Staff (SHRA)
Vacancy ID: P006799
Salary Range: $45,000 - $50,000
The Assistant Director, Marketing and Prospect Management, is a mission-critical bridge between our mass-communications activities and our one-to-one admission counseling. Two specific initiatives — direct outreach to prospective students and social-media communications — stand as our most critical and influential marketing tactics; this role addresses both, providing focus on the tactics that matter most. This role will serve as the face of the MAC Program, communicating with high-value, high-funnel prospects, in a variety of channels, in a personal and direct fashion. As a result, these efforts will, in turn, encourage more applications from better-quality applicants who are inspired to join our world-class program.
In this role, the Assistant Director will contact prospective students by email, phone, and/or text to discuss the accounting profession, the Master of Accounting degree, and the UNC MAC Program. He/she will also communicate with prospective students through various social media channels and will manage the MAC Program's presence in these channels, generating organic content and assisting with paid-media projects. The Assistant Director will also coordinate activities that connect prospective students with current activities and alumni, including our student and alumni ambassador initiatives.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to the area of assignment; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with a demonstrated comfort in phone and e-mail outreach
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple relationships and conversations
- High degree of customer-service orientation, coupled with a driven, results-oriented mindset
- Strong counseling skills including listening, guiding and problem solving
- Experience working with social media platforms and content management systems
- Ability to work in a team environment and work independently
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with sales and/or marketing teams and metrics
- At least 2 years of work experience
- Experience working with CRM systems similar to Hubspot, AdPros, Slate, or Salesforce
- Higher-education admissions, corporate sales, or agency marketing experience
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.