The West Virginia University Extension Service is seeking applications for a Marketing and Communications Director. This position will provide leadership, advice and consultation on organizational communications, marketing strategy, branding and trademark guidelines, media relations, and crisis communications for Extension's 55 county offices and statewide program offices and initiatives.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Develop and execute a high-level integrated marketing communications plan for a variety of audiences.
- Help to identify, shape and manage the development of high-quality content for Extension, including online content, print media, press releases, social media, collateral publications, crisis communication, etc.
- Work closely with University Relations to manage media relations plans, including pitching to media, responding to reporter inquiries, and setting up interviews with administrators.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with a variety of internal and external constituents to effectively promote the impact of the Extension program and the University's land-grant mission.
- Strategize new ways to implement and refresh the brand and image of Extension
- Train and teach employees on media relations, writing, editing, social media and crisis communications.
- Assure adherence to University and federal guidelines for trademark, logo and licensing policies.
- Prepare and manage budgetary expenses associated with programmatic activities.
- Provide regular reports regarding success of communications efforts.
- Direct and oversee conceptual planning and execution of events.
- Oversee, monitor and assign tasks for redesign of the Extension website.
- Research, write and edit material for publications, speeches, articles, websites, etc.
- Develop critical, sensitive and timely correspondence for the Dean and Director.
- Assist with development and implementation of communications strategy and deliverables for recruitment efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, integrated marketing communications, publicrelations or journalism
- At least six (6) years of relevant experience in marketing, communications, public relations or similar fields
- Strong background in outreach efforts
- Ability to supervise and lead a team of creative professionals
- Demonstrated success in planning and leading large-scale, university or statewide events
- Background check
- Please include cover letter, resume and three professional references
At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Job Posting: Mar 20, 2017
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes