A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your salary requirements, specific interest in the position, and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
The University of Michigan Facilities & Operations organization is currently seeking candidates for the position of Marketing Communications Specialist. This position reports to the Administrative Director for Operational Support and works directly with the Director of the Office of Campus Sustainability. This is a full-time appointment.
Facilities & Operations recently changed its organizational structure in order to realign core functional areas and improve service delivery to the university community. The Marketing Communications Specialist position is responsible for providing coordination and support for marketing and communications needs for areas across the Facilities & Operations organization and specifically the Office of Campus Sustainability.
- Create compelling success stories that demonstrate the importance of campus sustainability goals and facilities-related topics
- Coordinate and develop content of various types (e.g., promotional brochures, newsletters, website, blogs, emails, interviews, magazines) and formats (e.g., print, digital, video, social media) to meet diverse needs and goals
- Translate technical or strategic topics into easily consumed, appropriate communication tailored to various audiences
- Coordinate and develop communication plans for new initiatives, special projects or activities with high visibility
- Review survey data and other materials to develop ways to increase awareness with faculty, students and staff populations
- Function as primary liaison with the Office of the Vice President for Communications on such issues as new initiatives, issues management, and outreach
- Support internal communications efforts by suggesting ways to reach all levels of the organization in a consistent, effective, and timely manner
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five to seven years professional experience in public relations, promotion, marketing or communication in a professional setting
- Proven ability to function as a member of a team, build effective working relationships and demonstrate initiative
- Experience maintaining electronic communication vehicles, websites, blogs, social media
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and proactive problem-solver
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with time sensitive deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop effective communication tools for a diverse campus population – students/faculty/staff.
- Ability to independently create work products for executive leadership.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating, communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in the classroom but in the workplace by: -Creating a work environment in which people treat each other with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or differences. -Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals that are set for professional and personal growth.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.