Primary Duties/Responsibilities: Under the direction of the Chief Strategic Communications Officer, the Director of Marketing has primary responsibility for developing, directing, executing, and measuring a marketing and communication strategy for both new and existing services to improve the health and well being of those we serve. You will oversee a broad range of marketing and communication activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership that promote, enhance and protect brand reputation and enable the organization to become the partner of choice as we transform healthcare for our communities. The Director of Marketing is responsible for leading, controlling, planning, organizing and evaluating the timely, effective and efficient delivery of the department’s operations on a 24-hour basis. Through the incorporation of the Hospital’s goals and objectives, this position is responsible for ensuring that the department performs to the highest possible standard within the resources made available. The Director acts as a role model, has accountability for the departmental budget and Position Control, ensures the consistent application of the Hospital’s policies and procedures and fosters teamwork within and between areas of responsibility. The Director is also responsible for promoting specialized
Interested candidates - Please include your resume, philosophy on healthcare system marketing, as well as samples of how you have executed that strategy.
Minimum Qualifications: Budgetary preparation, monitoring and control. Human Resources management. Management and supervisory theories, principles, practices, techniques and methods.Communicate effectively both orally and in writing to diverse groups and individuals. Work effectively with administration, employees and medical staff. Identify and analyze complex departmental (and patient care) issues. Make independent decisions and provide counsel and advice to administration, employees and medical staff. Exercise good judgement and tact in providing leadership, guidance and assistance. Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, the humanities or related field required. Valid California driver's license required. Bilingual in Spanish is preferred. Five (5) years of experience preferred writing in a corporate, marketing, public relations agency, or journalism environment, including print and news releases. Three (3) years of experience preferred working in a health care field or with health care clients. Two (2) years of experience producing content for the web and/or social media. Demonstrated ability to exercise mature judgment appropriate to build a positive relationship between the hospital and outside vendors. Good interpersonal skills to deal effectively with administration, Board of Directors, medical and hospital staff, and outside vendors.
Internal Number: D101
About Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System
• Salinas Valley Memorial Hospital is a 263-bed acute care public district hospital that serves 230,000 residents in Monterey County, California and treats more than 44,000 patients each year.
• This integrated healthcare delivery system offers a number of centers of excellence, advanced technology and specialized programs that range from a level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to the Harden Memorial Heart Program.
• The facility is named a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News & World Report, has earned "Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®" recognition from The Joint Commission, and has received numerous awards and accolades by independent third party organizations. For more information about this prestigious hospital please visit http://www.svmh.com/about/news/news_awards.aspx.
• It’s the mission of Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System to provide quality healthcare to our patients and to improve the health and well-being of our community.
• Education and advancement are highly prized and supported, providing many opportunities to build skills, pursue new career paths and participate in healthcare innovations.
• We provide a highly competitive and generous compensati...on/benefits package and a work environment that will impress you. Please visit our website and apply online at: www.svmh.com. For assistance, call (831) 755-0759. EOE