San Jose, the heart of Silicon Valley and the largest city in the Bay area, was built with an innovative spirit that remains today. Its natural beauty is best explored on the miles of hiking and biking paths through the Sequoia-covered Santa Cruz Mountains.
The Vice President of Sales and Destination Services is a key leadership role within Team San Jose, serving as the strategic leader primarily responsible for formulating and executing successful sales strategies to secure targeted room night, revenue and economic impact goals for the destination. The successful candidate will bring extensive industry experience and knowledge to lead a highly qualified team of sales personnel in a unique hybrid DMO / facility management model.
• Academic – a BA/BS with an emphasis in business, marketing, or sales, and/or at least ten years of related experience which may substitute for academic experience.
• Minimum 7-10 years of Hospitality Industry experience, preferably in both hotel and DMO disciplines. • Five+ years of experience in a director level sales position, senior sales leadership or management.
• Extensive knowledge of selling and promoting talent of a union (CBA) represented workforce.
• Extensive knowledge of best practices for sales strategies and tactics on both a destination and convention center level, including revenue management, proper pricing of expenses, layering of business, etc.
• Excellent writen and oral communication and team skills.
• Represents the company role modeling positive behaviors and interactions internally and externally.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex of documents, such as, financial reports and legal documents.
• Ability to effectively communicate in one-on-one, small group, and large group settings and to effectively present information to top management and public groups.
• Familiarity with standard industry reports (i.e. STR, TAP) and CRM software models (Ungerboeck experience preferred). Ability to utilize data to infer and communicate key trends and opportunities.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
• Big-box sales leadership experience
• Industry involvement
• Multi-stakeholder experience (in an Area or Regional sales leadership role)
• DMO and/or Convention Center Experience
• Good understanding of F&B, events, Operations
Internal Number: 2993
About Team San Jose
SearchWide Global is a full service executive search firm primarily for companies in the travel, tourism, hospitality, convention, trade association, venue management, experiential marketing, sports and entertainment industries. We specialize in C-Level and Director level executive searches for companies ranging in size from Fortune 500 corporations to mid-sized public and private companies and associations.
Founded in 1999, we have remained focused on our four core values for almost two decades: INTEGRITY, ETHICS, PASSION and RESPECT.