Active Minerals International, LLC (AMI) focuses on innovative industrial mineral solutions for today’s technologically advanced world. We are an award winning, environmentally responsible company, dedicated to reserving resources, reclaiming mined land and leaving the Earth a better place. AMI is the largest supplier of air float kaolin and gel quality attapulgite. Its vision, mission and values are based on the core values of integrity, innovation, teamwork, and execution.
We are looking for a Technical Marketing Manager to lead our efforts to communicate to our existing and future customers and to promote an industry-leading product portfolio and a strong pipeline of new, innovative proprietary products. This high-visibility position will have an important impact on the future success of the Company and is an excellent entry point to an individual with an interest in an intellectually rewarding and upwardly mobile career with Active Minerals.
In addition to a great working environment, AMI offers an excellent total compensation package which includes:
• Carefirst Medical/Prescription Plan(s); including an HSA Plan
• Dental and Vision Plan(s)
• 401k Plan including up to a 6% Employer Match
• Short & long-term disability, at no cost
• Group term life, at no cost
• Voluntary life at discounted rates
• 13 paid holidays
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition/Certification Reimbursement Programs
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Travel/Medical Assistance
• Free parking
• Leadership Development
• Other great perks
Develops and then manages fully integrated marketing strategies and campaigns to promote the company, key products and thought leadership through social media, print and online advertisement, blogs, press releases and more. Manages all aspects of tradeshows where we exhibit. Prepares special marketing/promotion programs. Collects and analyzes secondary market data for commercial development projects and works with the Strategic Growth team to evaluate and prioritize new product and market opportunities.
• Develops an effective, fully integrated and consistent marketing program that establishes a stronger company image in key markets and creates more sales opportunities
• Leads the effort to keep current on social media and manages print and online advertisement, blogs, press releases and more
• Working with Technical Sales and other departments, creates sales literature and email campaigns
• Keeps websites and social media pages current, accurate and functional
• Analyzes markets targeted for new product applications including size, competition and Porter’s Five Forces
• Gathers and assesses market and competitive information; reports monthly.
• Manages tradeshows exhibits; coordinates with Sales teams; ensures leads are captured and uploaded into CRMS
• Follows and adheres to all QMS procedures and documentation as applicable to position and department, and as required by ISO, such as SOPs, CAPAs, document control, and control of records
• Other projects and duties as assigned
Job Requirements and Skill Sets:
• Technical undergraduate degree, such as engineering or chemistry and an MBA in Marketing:
• 3 years of relevant experience in a marketing, R&D, or technical service position in the industrial minerals or chemicals industries. Strong written and verbal communication, multitasking and interpersonal skills;
Curiosity and an aptitude for learning;
Work is performed mainly in a general office setting. Employee must be able to walk, sit, stoop, bend, climb stairs, and lift up to 25 lbs. Occasional domestic and international travel required; must have a valid driver’s license.
• Work Environment/Safety
• Technical Knowledge
• Managing multiple projects with deadlines.
• Decision Making / Judgment
Active Minerals International, LLC is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of
age, color, religion, disability, marital status, race, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
About Active Minerals International, LLC
Active Minerals International is an ISO 9001:2015 certified mining, distribution and sales company. We utilize the Earth’s mineral resources for today’s technologically advanced world. AMI is also an environmentally responsible company and is dedicated to conserving resources, reclaiming mined land, and leaving the earth a better place.
Through mines, processing plants, and storage facilities in the United States, Europe, Australia and Asia, we target the production of high quality industrial minerals and mineral products that are used by industries and organizations across the world.
AMI’s industrial minerals originate from our kaolin and attapulgite clay mines in the U.S. or from our supplier of dolomite. These minerals are used in several different manufacturing processes including fiberglass, TFT/LCD flat panel glass, solar glass, molecular sieves, cement, plaster, drilling fluids, electronic coatings, architectural coatings, paints, joint tape compounds, refractory, rubber, plastic, ag chemicals and fertilizer.
We have a diverse staff to meet the needs of our global customers. Our knowledgeable and dedicated teams of geologists, mining and production engin...eers, sales, logistics and customer service representatives ensure we supply securely and competitively priced, quality materials. Active Minerals International delivers what it sells.