Columbia Business School is seeking to hire one or more Staff Associates (Predoctoral Fellow) to assist with research in the marketing division. The work will include quantitative and qualitative research and analysis involving the collection, coordination and management of information and data. This position provides an opportunity to gain experience in academic economics research and would be ideal preparation for a PhD program in marketing, economics, computer science, data science, or other related fields. This is a two-year position starting July 1, 2020 with a possible extension to a third-year.
The Staff Associate duties involve work in one or more of the following areas of research: economics, and statistics. Specific duties include:
· Collect, clean, and maintain computer data sets and databases. Assist with data entry and ensure data integrity. Extract and link data from multiple databases for analysis. Prepare detailed documentation.
· Develop models and implement program code (C, C++, Python, SQLite, MySQL etc.).
· Perform statistical analysis, including regression analysis.
· Assist with data analysis and dissemination of findings through the preparation of reports, journal articles, presentations, web sites, and other research outlets.
· Perform case-based research, including work with detailed primary documents.
Internal Number: 4576
About Columbia University
Columbia University is one of the world's most important centers of research and at the same time a distinctive and distinguished learning environment for undergraduates and graduate students in many scholarly and professional fields. The University recognizes the importance of its location in New York City and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of a great metropolis. It seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationships with many countries and regions. It expects all areas of the university to advance knowledge and learning at the highest level and to convey the products of its efforts to the world.