Jamestown, North Carolina
A cover letter is required for consideration.
- Bachelor's degree required, with preference given to marketing, communications, or similar majors. Master's degree in business, writing, or a cognate subject strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of work experience, preferably in a nonprofit academic institution or similar environment, with a substantial portion falling into at least one (preferably multiple) of the following categories: Marketing, including brand marketing, digital strategy, lead generation, and full customer lifecycle marketing Communications, including news and editorial strategy, public relations, reputation management, and crisis communications Admissions or enrollment management, preferably at the graduate or professional level in programs serving domestic and international students, with particular expertise in top-of-funnel enrollment marketing
- Minimum 5 years of management experience. Preference will be given to those who have managed multi-level teams (managed managers), but this is not a requirement.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with speechwriting and learning another persons voice a plus.
- Experience using data to evaluate the effectiveness of work approaches, particularly with regard to marketing / communication plans or admissions / recruitment strategies.
- Demonstrated experience advising executives on crisis communications and matters that have the potential to damage an institutions reputation
- A proven ability to network, collaborate, and work effectively with people at all levels of the organization, from entry-level staff to senior leadership to peers at BU's other schools to the University's central marketing and communications teams.
- Experience establishing and managing relationships with outside vendors (e.g. market research, digital marketing agencies, freelance creatives, etc.)
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston University's COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University's response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.