The Marketing Specialist serves as an integral part of RUSH's Department of Marketing Communications, reporting to the Senior Director, Clinical Services Marketing. The person in this role assists the Senior Director in the development and successful implementation of marketing strategies that grow demand and further the reputation for RUSH's clinical services priorities. Primary responsibilities include the management of comprehensive marketing strategies that identify and capitalize on market opportunities and support RUSH's mission and strategic business objectives. The person in this role leads the execution of these strategies and works in close collaboration with clinical service area physicians and administrative leaders. The person in this role is expert in all facets of successful marketing communications implementation - including digital, search engine optimization, direct mail, advertising, social media, videos and other leading-edge marketing tactics.
The Marketing Specialist works collaboratively with other members of the Marketing Communications team, including Strategic Internal Communications, Digital and Web Strategy, Strategic External Communications and Brand Strategy & Creative Media and with people from all disciplines and all levels across RUSH as well as with vendors and community representatives outside the organization to accomplish these objectives. The individual who holds this position exemplifies the RUSH mission, vision and values and acts in accordance with RUSH policies and procedures.
· Convene, lead and engage cross-functional teams - including internal and external resources - to implement and track the ongoing performance of marketing communications strategies for clinical service area priorities.
· Partner with clinical service area physicians and administrative leadership to understand and articulate their business priorities to Marketing Communications colleagues, vendors and others who support the successful implementation of the strategies.
· Work with the Senior Director of Marketing to develop and implement successful strategies ins support of the clinical service area. Execute CRM campaigns and projects, which include mailings, distribution and circulation of RUSH marketing communications materials, targeting appropriate audiences using the latest technology and strategic insights available to Marketing Communications inside and outside of RUSH.
· Stay abreast of trends in marketing, seeking out innovative solutions, including AI, that build and strengthen relationships with current and prospective patients, students and stakeholders and ensure successful integration of those solutions into the comprehensive strategy.
· Establish and stay within budget targets.
· Assists and serves as back-up for other marketing and communications staff to move projects forward as needed.
Required Job Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, or related field.
· Minimum of three years of experience in Marketing or Communications.
· Works occasional off-shift hours and weekends.
· Excellent communication skills, including a background in editorial style; familiarity with AP style preferred.
· Ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels of the organization to promote and gain approval for ideas and plans.
· Ability to collaborate with and in some cases convene teams that include participants from other areas of the department and organization to integrate the deliverables of the functions and achieve common goals to successfully support the mission and business objectives of RUSH.
· Maximize the use of available information to make data-informed decisions; incorporate data visualization into message development and deployment strategies
· Contribute to a department-wide culture of collaboration, integrated program planning, processes, shared tools and problem-solving by facilitating cross-team initiatives that leverage individual contributors, help ensure employee engagement, ownership of work, and a high level of productivity.
· Strong problem-solving abilities, resourcefulness, and ingenuity.
· Excellent organizational and planning skills, with the ability to independently manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Understanding of and the ability to apply the full range of marketing tools and functionalities to meet marketing goals.
· CRM and project management experience.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills to build effective relationships with colleagues within RUSH and external clients.
· Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Creativity, resourcefulness and computer skills.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
· Demonstrated success in healthcare or service industry marketing.
Rush Oak Brook is a brand new state-of-the art facility that operates as a partnership with Midwest Orthopedics and an Ambulatory Surgery Center. This new site is part of an ongoing effort to build new facilities, renovate existing buildings and adopt new technology.
Ranked among the top academic medical centers in the country, Rush University Medical Center is an outstanding place to enhance your career. Everything we do centers on one goal: improving patient care.
Rush University Medical Center is a five-time Magnet® facility, the highest recognition given for nursing excellence. Rush was also the first hospital in Illinois serving adults and children to receive Magnet status.
Rush was ranked #1 Best Hospital in Illinois for Nurses in 2017 by Nurse.org.
Leading academic medical center, acute care hospital w/ 676 beds
Ranked among the top 20 "Best Places to Work" by Indeed.
RUMC offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits & the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development & recognizes your achievements.
Rush University Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason prohibited by law.