Manages the day-to-day operations of a small or medium-sized university program or department. May supervise staff employees, student workers, programs or processes.Job Duties
- Plans and develops procedures for administering a small or medium-sized department or program.
- Oversees program expenditures and ensures adherence to budget.
- Provides guidance to subordinate staff and evaluates performance.
- May prepare or participate in the creation of abstracts, research reports, funding proposals, operations and procedure manuals, and other written material and documentation.
- Reviews reports of budgets and activities. Prepares ad hoc reports as needed.
- May administer grants and grant-related related communications, scholarships and other operations.
- Develops, implements and maintains appropriate policies and procedures.
- May serve as property custodian for the department.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Coordinator will assist with the development and execution of a comprehensive marketing and communication plan for the department.
This position reports to the Assistant Director of Marketing and Communications.
Job Duties: Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Supervise student staff including hiring, training, scheduling, providing feedback for evaluations and disciplinary processes and overseeing payroll.
• Independently implement, administer, and manage departmental social media accounts in alignment with the Campus Recreation social media plan • Assess all departmental web performance including Google analytics and social media trends, and make recommendations for continuous improvement in online presence
• Assist with the development and implementation of strategic communications for the department. Writes, edits, formats, and assembles publications and copy for the department, Takes photographs and videos for publications, web content, news releases, and feature stories. Works within UH and Campus Recreation brand standards.
• Cultivate an inclusive, safe, and diverse environment for students as well as student staff; address patron comments, concerns, behavior, and conduct issues as necessary.
• Develop and administer training plans for student employees to include UH and Campus Recreation design brand and standards as well as communication platforms including Baseline for design review.
• Coordinate department promotional and special events, information fairs, orientations, speaking engagements, and the design/purchasing of promotional items.
• Assist with creating, forecasting, monitoring, and allocating the Marketing and Communications budget; purchase and maintain necessary equipment and supplies.
• Serve on internal and external committees, work groups and collaborate with campus partners; build relationships with stakeholders and participate in events such as New Student Orientations, Weeks of Welcome, Family Weekend, Homecoming, Frontier Fiesta, etc. to promote Campus Recreation through engagement.
• Assess, evaluate, and mitigate risk for program area through direct supervision and management; implement policies and procedures; maintain accurate records; create various reports, and contract agreements.
• Evening and weekend hours are required as needed.
Bachelors and No experience
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Experience: No experience required.