Lead Marketing Development Manager - HYBRID
Provides leadership in developing and implementing B2B2C marketing strategies to create, launch and deploy
value-based solutions that drive growth for VUMC. Serving as a cross-functional partner across product, clinical,
marketing, and sales teams, the Lead Marketing Development Manager synthesizes business requirements and
market insights to articulate product value propositions and produce strategic go-to-market plans that deliver results
for internal and external stakeholders.
* Responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic marketing plans for
Vanderbilt Health Employer Solutions.
* Collaborates cross-functionally with product and clinical owners and coordinates insights, customer
journey mapping, user experience to inform product and marketing strategy, packaging and
* Crafts compelling and connected messaging across all external marketing channels and to support
awareness, lead generation and sales enablement.
* Develops and manages digital and traditional marketing capabilities, including: email and social
campaigns, landing pages, videos, presentations, ad copy, and live/virtual events to create brand awareness,
generate demand, and build customer affinity.
* Conducts regular analysis of competitive landscape, including cost and pricing analysis of existing and
proposed services and competitive pricing.
* Coordinates daily tasks with clients, internal departments & outside vendors to ensure flawless execution of
marketing plans, events, PR initiatives and programs.
* Provides tactical support as needed and coordinate with multiple departments including Clinical staff,
Operations, Production, Digital Marketing to execute Marketing Plans.
* Scopes and prioritizes projects in partnership with creative content team - assisting with copywriting and
proofreading marketing materials for messaging, accuracy and brand consistency and managing
* Develops and maintains strong working relationships with organizational leadership to understand and
align objectives with institutional pillar goals, develop recommendations and secure alignment with
marketing plans, and position strategic marketing as a trusted partner.
* Regularly presents both plans and outcomes to key stakeholder groups.
* Participates in the assessment and development of proposed new services that evolve from market research
analysis and business development efforts.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Demonstrated B2B or B2B2C marketing leadership background.
* Experience executing complex projects effectively using new marketing concepts and integrated approaches,
including, content and digital marketing, social media, PR/media relations and audience engagement.
* Understanding of marketing automation to design, execute and track persona-based campaigns
* Accomplished storyteller, writing content for multiple audiences.
* Experience working with vendors and efficient project management.
* Health care industry and health plan experience preferred.
* Creative problem-solver who enjoys professionally challenging and interesting work.
* Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with proficiency in speaking with executive
* Good judgement and critical thinking skills, including the ability to understand and interpret relevant data and
* Strong organizational and detail-oriented skills.
* Self-motivated with the ability to manage project timelines and execute and/or oversee the execution of
associated deliverables in an efficient and effective manner .
* Ability to work cross-functionally and independently under tight deadlines.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word and Excel .
* Familiar with video platforms such as Wistia, Vimeo, YouTube and marketing automation platforms such as
Marketo and Hubspot.
* Demonstrates spirit of collaboration, curiosity, positivity and teamwork.
* 5 years related work experience demonstrating similar skills and duties outlined above.
* Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree (4-year program).
* MBA desired but not required